Fernie is hosting its first ever Dirt Jump Clinic for ages 7 - 17 on June 8-10, 2018. Hosted by the Fernie DJP Group and FMBC. Experienced coaches: Desmond Harrison and Max Langille.
- must be already comfortable with jumping the 2nd jump in the 4 jump line or greater
- recommend having a dirt jump bike or BMX
- must be an FMBC member (visit www.bikefernie.ca to join)
- helmets mandatory.
- arm and leg protective wear recommended
- riders will spend time at skills area, skateboard park and dirt jump park
- riders to bring their own snacks, lunch, sunscreen and lots of water
- Times: Friday 5:30pm-7:30pm, Saturday 9:30am-4:30pm, Sunday 9:30am-12:30pm
- Only 12 spots available. To register email FernieDirtJumpPark@gmail.com
- Coach Bios:
Desmond is a Fernie local with over a decade of riding experience ranging from dirtjumping to downhill. Desmond works as a bike coach at B-line bikepark in Calgary teaching all levels of riding from beginner to expert. He is a regular rider and builder at the Fernie dirt jump park. Visit Demond on Instagram @desmondharrison
Max is a competitive slopestyle rider from Calgary AB. Over the years Max has spent lots of time in Fernie riding dirt jumps and downhill. For the past several years Max has worked as a coach at Winsport in Calgary, teaching both biking and skiing. Visit Max on Instagram @maxlangille